1. BIND may be configured to log information by editing what file?
A. /etc/inetd.confAnswer: /etc/named.conf
2. What command will show the number of times an RPC service has been executed successfully?
A. rpcinfo -pAnswer: D
B. rpcinfo -s
C. netstat -s
D. rpcinfo -m
3. Which of the following appications cannot be run as a daemon?
A. imapdAnswer: C
4. Which of the following services is dependent on the mountd daemon?
A. nfsdAnswer: A
5. What command may be used to gather information about shared filesystems?
A. netstat -sAnswer: B
C. ps -edf
1. On BSDI, once the portmap process has been killed it can not be restarted
without rebooting the machine.
2. You need the nfsd daemon running to be able to mount a filesystem
on another host.
3. Mibiisa is associated with the RPC services.
4. On Solaris, rpcbind must be running to recieve connections for any
5. When disabling a service which is executed by inetd you will need
to edit the /etc/init.d file.