The mission of Computing and Networking Services (CNS) is to provide facilities, services and guidance to enable the University of Toronto Community to effectively use Information Technology to support the research, teaching and administrative programs of the University.
To achieve this, CNS must:
- plan, implement, operate and manage the institutional network and its external connectivity
- facilitate the provision of institutional services by providing systems, operational and technical support
- plan, develop and deploy support and maintenance for desktop computers and servers in Local Area Networks and stand-alone environments
- promote security awareness and propose and implement security solutions for local and institutional networks and systems
- track developments in Information Technology to ensure that the University derives maximum benefit from state-of-the-art products and services